Sunday, March 8, 2009

Born Into Sin


What was the Tree of Knowledge? Since no one seems to completely know, or seem to want to give it much thought, I will. If the Tree of Knowledge was only about "knowledge", then why was the punishment so harsh concerning the eating of the fruit from this tree?

I believe that God intended to create each one of us without the need for us to procreate. This is why the serpent said, "For God knows that when you eat of it, your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil." I don't believe just the acquisition of knowledge would have made the human race like God. Rather, the act of creating a life through procreation would make us like God. We took it upon ourselves to create life, instead of allowing God do it.

The Bible says the conception of Jesus was an immaculate conception. I believe this also lends proof to the theory that the act of procreation was and is the original sin. More proof from the Bible? Genesis 3:7 and 10 "Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves." "...I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid." Also, verse 16 says, "To the woman He said, "I will greatly increase your pains in childbearing; with pain you will give birth to children.""

Later, in 1 Corinthians 15: 42-45, Paul says, "So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body."

So, make your own judgment call. I just thought I would share some of my thoughts.

God bless you all!
Saul

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

The Spirit of God has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life. {Job 33:4 NIV}

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. {Psalms 139:6 NIV}

Were these also nothing more than mere thoughts--wishful thinking, perhaps?